2016 is here! Whether 2015 was a good or challenging, now it’s time to look forward to see what this year will bring. The turn of the calendar year is a chance to start fresh – to shed bad habits and adopt new, better ones. DeTray’s Custom Housing is here to provide some inspiration for 2016.
Reconnect with Friends and Family Members
Sometimes during the busyness of our daily lives we forget to stay in touch with the people we care about most. Make it a top New Year’s Resolutions to reconnect with your family and friends in 2016.
- Call your friends, parents, children, or siblings at least once a week (or month) to say hello and let them know you are thinking about them.
- If cell phones have taken over your household, start a “no cell phone” at the table policy during mealtimes.
- Host a friends and family game night at least once a month or bi-monthly. Do this each others homes or find a place to go out and play pool, dart’s or go bowling.
- Do activities outside, such as walking the dog instead of letting the dog walk out by itself, go to a park, or visit a mall to window shop.
- Visit the library and check out a book or read a magazine. Many libraries sell used magazines for ten cents or a quarter.
Improving our health is almost always top on our list of New Year’s Resolutions, but “getting healthy” is such a vague resolution that most people find it difficult to keep. Most people find it easier to establish smaller, more attainable goals that will contribute to a healthier lifestyle overall. Here are suggestions.
- Limit trips to fast food restaurants or chose healthy meals.
- Substitute vegetables for chips or sweets a few times per week. (Steamed vegetables are great)!
- Instead of drinking soda buy diet or flavored seltzer water.
- If you have chocolate cravings, split a candy bar with someone, rather than eating it all.
- Try cooking something new each week, rather than dining out.
The holidays are the time most of us gain a few extra pounds, this is a great opportunity get a renewed sense of determination for shedding those extra pounds. Unfortunately, most of us find it difficult to maintain this drive as the year goes on. The following are a few simple exercises that will be easy to keep throughout the year.
- Do warn up stretches before you begin
- Jumping jacks are great to start the morning
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Do ten push-ups in the morning or night. (do them on your knees if needed)
- Don’t look for parking space close to stores or businesses, so you’ll have a longer walk.
- Start doing fifteen minutes of physical activity every day, such as walking, stretching, jogging, biking, or swimming. It will make you feel great and give you extra vigor if the grey skies are making you feel sad or gloomy.
We at DeTray’s wish you the best of luck with your 2016 New Year’s Resolutions! If you’re considering a new custom manufactured home at any point during the new year, please keep us in mind. We look forward to helping you find your new home at DeTray’s.
“May this be your Best Year Yet”