An ADU (Additional Dwelling Unit) on your property can be a terrific multi-generational investment. You may have heard of these by other names such as mother-in-law suite, granny flat, coach house, laneway house, Ohana dwelling unit, granny annex, granny suite or in-law suite.
- Aging parents can continue to live independently.
- Grandma and Grandpa can enjoy the grandkids, and adult children.
- Grandparents can help care for grandchildren, drive them to activities, encourage, and teach them.
- Grandparents can influence, and develop close relationships with their children and grandchildren.
- You can check in and help parents or children without driving miles or wasting hours in the car.
- Adult children and their family can live near (but not WITH you).
- Adult children can save on rent until they can afford their own home.
- You could rent the ADU for supplemental income, or use it as an AirBnB.
- You could live in the ADU and rent the big house, or sell it to your kids.
- Rental rates will increase as the years go by, insuring steady income in the future.
Building material costs keep going up, which will continue to increase home prices. A DeTray’s Custom Housing ADU is a smart investment that will benefit your family financially, physically, and emotionally now and in the years ahead! Come see me for additional details.
DeTray’s Custom Housing Consultant